Friday, November 4, 2011

Mighty Flames Follow a Tiny Spark

Had to break out the  Jeffrey Campbell platforms for a night of old school meets new school beats and of course my DIY long fur vest, soon to be at Philthy Ragz just in time for the holidays...........


Zoom in on those old school Tootsie rolls, no not the dance silly the candy that's been around for ages and you know I had to grab a few, dang I think i paid $1 for three...SMH.....

Real old school platforms! She told me she had those shoes for 18 years,  and they  are right back in style!!! Love it!

I was invited to hang out last night with a friend whose husband is an artist.  She'd briefly described his sound before, but it was the actual experience of listening and grooving to the live band that was transformational.  The sound of the music is best described as old school funk meets new school beats.  As I listened to the grooves, firstly I could not sit down,  and secondly i was immediately drawn back to my teenage years of watching soul train, and the music, dancers and performers would just change my whole day.  I would take my sheet off the bed, grab my pencil (to use as my microphone) and transform into whoever was on the stage.    I'd be later inspired to try and emulate the performers look, taking me AND that days journey on a whole new whirlwind..........................

Artist DAM FUNK, off the chain, beats vibe and all. Just plain good music, soul jerking, thought provoking,  soulful and lyrically sound!! He too explained that his experiences a young boy in South Pasadena  sparked his flame to be the creative person he is now.....

As I drove home, I decided that I would revisit some of those old school things that were free, simple and life changing. I further thought about how those times have influenced my style and how it was those little sparks that molded me into who I am, with beauty marks and all!  IT was those LITTLE SPARKS that developed my sense of style, my love for music and anything vintage!
"Honeysuckles", the drink of the night!!!, Brandy, honey and ginger ale....delicious!!! I'm definitely getting these ingredients and serving this one up at home!!!!

DIY fur floor length vest, Philthy Ragz, boyfriend jeans, Rachel Roy top, accessories, Philthy Ragz... and love my Miss Jessie's product to slick down the pony tail!!




The challenge will be getting back to doing some of the things that brought PURE happiness,  before having the latest phone, or the hottest shoe became priority. In your quiet space reminisce and reflect, take some time and find those things that brought you just a little peace of mind, the little things that sparked you to be the MIGHTY FLAME THAT YOU ARE !

Old school meets new school, style should be effortless, even in a pair of Nike's!




Good friends are like vintage wine, hard to find.............cherish the little things......

Just some old school inspiration, when life was so different than it is now, as for me I'm getting back to the simpler things in life...............where's my soul train videos!!!! LOL.
PHILTHYRAGZ.COM,

1 comment: