Friday, January 6, 2012

Hit the Reset Button.




I know it’s been a while but Happy New Year’s Everyone!!!!


Every new year we spend our time getting’ fancy (nails done, hair done, everything did) lol, but this year was a bit different for me, I didn't have the desire to do any of the above, so we spent our new years at a backyard boogie.  Amongst some of my favorite people and a couple of my best girlfriends,  we had an old school good time, simple, just people having fun, no fancy dresses, no suits and no false lashes for me!! lol!! At midnight of bunch of us just hugging and loving each other’s for good time’s sake! 

But ....whats a celebration if we forget the of the meaning of why we celebrate New Year"s Day...... you know.... new beginning's, new wishes, new desires, etc., etc.,....... if the truth be told, these things really aren't new, we have had them tucked away everyday, they are the inner most desires of our heart that represent a better you.....

  What are New year’s resolutions????? In my my reality its that time of the year when we resolve to refocus, regroup and rearrange our lives, we take oaths to begin anew and really do things right this time. I’ve made a promise at least 25 times and I can’t remember one year when I kept it going throughout the entire year lol …So  I stopped making resolutions a loooooooong time ago…..every day should be a "new year’s day". 


Every day we should refocus, regroup and rearrange our lives for the better.  I mean there has never been a day when I’ve been perfect, so every day I must resolve to learn from each mistake and get better daily, not waiting until the end of the year to exercise, eat healthy, be more organized, and the list goes on…..





We need to get to the place where we wake up every day and renew and revive ourselves, learning from the previous day, and making a vow not to make the same mistakes,   I have learned that sometimes I just need to hit the reset button, shift some things around or even hit control, alt +delete and start all over again…… Whatever we need to to do, to make our lives more gratifying and satisfying, we don’t have to wait until a new year!!!!   Go on, hit that reset button, right here right now.



Until next time,
The Retail Therapyst
xoxoxoxo


p.s. I will be blogging more and you will see the style of the blog changing over time, whether it’s a daily inspiration, outfit post, new sale, hot items, make up tips, trying new things and places, do it your self projects, beautiful scenery……..whatever I’m feeling to inspire you  (and me!) daily..... xoxoxoxoxoxox, yes, i hit the reset button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

1 comment: